Test Shoot

Yesterday I went to shoot some test footage in Blackburn town centre. After finding a suitable place to film, I set up my equipment, and started asking people to be in my piece. The footage I gained on this day reflected how many people were reluctant to be filmed. After removing the answers that could not be used, I had a total of five answers for each question. This was enough for me to get a general idea of what my piece would look like depending on how I edited it, but not enough to show me everything I needed to know.
The questions that i asked got a variety of answers, ranging from unusable answers such as the worst thing ever done being 'this video' to personal accounts of leaving home and admiting sexuality in high school. I like the way the questions came across and how well the answers come together in the editing process.
I found the location of my piece to be very good, as it looked very well placed, and the positioning of the camera was clearly very central. However, I did not factor in the building work taking place up the road and therefore, during some of the answers, there was the sound of a pneumatic drill in the background.
Some of the answers I got, while very informal, were very enlightening and at times very personal. I found that, although many people weren't willing to confess anything on camera, the people who were willing to get involved had no problem talking about their lives and their feelings in a great amount if detail.
107-320-0441